Formal Change in POWA's Leadership

Here you'll find details for special events hosted by us.
Synthetic Organic
Coordinator

Formal Change in POWA's Leadership

Post by Synthetic Organic » Wed May 10, 2017 9:03 pm

"At the end of my fifteenth round..."

It is with a heavy heart that I, Veronica Ong, am stepping down from President to Vice President as of now.

At the end of 2013, I did something out of the ordinary for myself. Back then I was still extremely shy, but had found so much love and companionship for my local anime club which I joined, via recommendation from a friend, that year. I took the plunge, and nominated myself for the role of President or Secretary that year. To my surprise, I wound up as President for 2014. It is now three and a half years since I took up the role and decided to see what I could do for my club.

The club has changed significantly. When I first took on the role, we were lacking in repeat numbers. Having six non-committee members was an amazing feat for that week and we had maybe two major events in the year. I have watched our club grow substantially (quadrupled, even), not just in size, events, volunteers, but also in heart. I love my club, and I love the way it has developed over the years. Of course, this is due to the efforts of the amazing committee and volunteers we have accumulated over the years.

However, I am not impervious to change. My own personal circumstances require much more time and dedication that I cannot offer to give POWA Anime Club any more. I am planning my own wedding, working hard at my new career and even taken on roles with a pop culture convention. I decided for myself that this was too much to handle, and I cannot give POWA the attention it deserves. Sadly, the only option for me is to downscale my commitments, and pass on the leadership role to the next generation. This will also be my final year as a committee member.

I am pleased to announce Liam Dans as the new president of POWA Anime Club from hereon.
Thank you to everyone who has supported myself and POWA over the years. My love for anime, and more importantly for this club has not and will not wane. I am still very much a part of POWA, but will not be at the forefront of its developments anymore.

Thank you all once again. It has been an absolute pleasure giving my time and love to POWA.

Veronica Ong
Former President, and now the current Vice President of POWA Anime Club

Return to “Events”