1) As a courtesy to all other attendees of the screening, we ask that you please turn your phones off or on silent to not distract any of the people surrounding you.
2) Please keep hold of drinks or use the fold out tables with the chairs in the auditorium.
3) We kindly ask that you clean up after yourself and keep the mess to a minimum, we have to be mindful that the university do not expect to need to clean up after our screenings or events, nor is it fair for other members of POWA to clean up after you. We would hate to impose a no food and drink ban at screenings.
4) NO SPOILERS! We encourage interaction between our members, however, please realise that not everyone will have watched or played the same things as you, it is incredibly disappointing when a favourite series of ours is ruined and we do not want any reasons for resentment within our community. Please feel free to discuss relevant plot points but we ask that you do not spoil anything for any members even if you are certain the person you are talking to approves you continuing, the room is not so large that someone from across the room won’t hear you. Please, NO SPOILERS!
5) Please try to keep noise during screenings to a minimum, we gather to watch anime and allow multiple breaks between for conversations.
6) POWA’s weekly screenings are set to have a good variety or content across different genres, we ask that negative opinions be kept to yourself, over-vocalisation of dislike of a series/movie can make other members feel embarrassed or upset for liking a particular series, we aim to grow the community and not alienate our members.
7) While POWA is impressed by and encourage members to come to screenings in cosplay we cannot allow the use of, concealment of or procurement of any weapons props or paraphernalia. This is strictly prohibited as POWA Screenings and events must abide by ECU’s OH&S regulations, please feel free to bring pictures to show but leave the props at home, we would also hate for any damage to come to your precious cosplay while at a POWA event.
8) Be aware of others. POWA is a community of people with a shared interest, meaning that everyone is considered equal at POWA, sexually inappropriate, racist, derogatory or defamatory comments will not be tolerated and action will be taken by committee members if necessary. POWA is a Community and safe space for everyone to be friendly so please be mindful of other attendees.
And most importantly we hope you enjoy yourself! We try our hardest to ensure we can all enjoy the anime, fun and friendship